Friday, May 7, 2010

It's here!! Delivery Day!!

WOW. What a road this has been. I still don't think that it has truly hit me that in just under 5 hours from now my C Section will start and probably within 5 hours from now I'll have seen all 5 of my sons. WOW. This has truly been an incredible journey for me.

I feel SO lucky to have not had a single day of mandated bedrest, I have had zero complications, no swelling, and no problems with any of the babies. I really have an amazing support system of friends, family, and "online" friends. And I have to believe that their prayers, positive thoughts, chants, naked dances around the campfire, whatever it is to show their support for me, has really pad off.... for me and the babies to have all made it.... healthy. So a HUGE thank you to all of them, because I REALLY don't believe I could have made it this far without them.

In case you didn't hear the final names are: Vale Truman, Pierce Cullen, and Jett Hudson. We are waiting to decide who is whom until we see them and see which fits which. Wouldn't it be fun if we had a Blonde, a Brunette, and a Redhead? :) That's actually how Doug is, he's blonde, his brother is brunette, and his sister a readhead. I think that is so neat. No, they aren't triplets :)

Doug came home from his 7 month deployment two days ago. Vaughn was a little shy at the airport, but by the time we got home I couldn't get her off of his lap and she was eager to show him all of her toys and play. It was a wonderful, perfect sight. That was the hardest thing about him being gone. Not me being pregnant without him, not me missing him, not me doing everything myself.... it was seeing him missing out on SO much with her, and her growing further away from him. He is amazed at how much she has grown and changed, and for her at least, it is like her daddy never left, she is already that close to him :)

I don't feel nervous yet. I leave for the hospital in less than 2 hours. I'm sure the anxiety will start soon though. I just wanted to make sure I documented before I headed off. This being my last few hours as a mommy to 1.

Here's my last "pregancy photo" I am 35weeks and 3 days here. As of today at 35 weeks and 6 days I measure 46 1/2 inches around, and total weight gain is 23 1/2 pounds. Darn. I was shooting for a nice square 4 feet around. Almost made it!

And here is a photo of Doug and Vaughn shortly after getting home from the airport reconnecting :) A beautiful sight.

Now, onto the next great journey....


5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you all and have already prayed several times for you and the babies this morning!!! What an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!!! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and the babies!!! I can't wait for an update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited! So wish we could be a fly on the wall! Can't wait to hear from you! You did amazing! What a Mother's Day you'll have! I'm praying for you and babes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay so you might still be in the hospital but I'm dying to hear how you're doing and how the babies are and see photos!! :) Hope/pray all is well and you're enjoying lots of precious time with your trio plus Vaughn and your dh!! Rest and take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you're extremely busy these days. My imagination is getting the best of me coming up with tons of scary things that have kept you from entering even the quickest of updates. I hope everything is well for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete