Wednesday, June 9, 2010

They're Here!! 1 month old!!

Okay, I know this is WAY late. But the boys arrived on May 7th, 2010. As scheduled and planned.




The first, at 12:07 is Pierce, weighing 4lbs 11oz, 18 1/2 in.




Second came Jett, at 12:08 weighing 3lbs 15oz, 17 in.





And third, at 12:09, Vance (Van), weighing 5lbs 10oz, 19 in.




All of their apgars were great. All were healthy and looking perfect. I was discharged 4 days later, after an easy C Section recovery, and Van & Pierce were discharged the next day. Jett ended up staying for 13 days total in the NICU due to typical 36 week issues, maintaining body temp, and suck/swallowing/breathing.






We loaded the two up and went to the NICU everyday to see Jett. We headed back from Minnesota home to Virginia 4 days after Jett was discharged. Doug drove with Vaughn. And I flew with the triplets, with my moms help.

The day we left with all 3!



We've been home now for almost two weeks. And Doug went back to work almost immediately, and Vaughn to daycare. Things have been going pretty well. We have no family here, but a ton of friends. Friends have been a big help as far as cooking / preparing meals for us, which really is a HUGE help. My 12 year old and 17 year old stepsons are also living here for the summer, so they help with a lot of chores, so that is nice as well. We are pretty much doing it solo though. I don't get more than a two hour stretch of sleep, but I think it would feel weird at this point if I did. I am nursing Van & Pierce, and pumping for Jett, and he also gets fortified milk, and sometimes straight formula. He never quite got the hang of nursing after going back and forth between gavaging, going back in the incubator, etc. But it's all working out!

Here's some recent pictures! They're already over a month old!



Jett:

Pierce:

Van:


Pierce: "Hey, I think I found a boob!", Van: "Me too!" Jett: "What the heck!?"

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, they are beautiful! Congratulations! I LOVE the last picture of them on the couch. Hilarious!! I've been patiently waiting for an update. So excited to see all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are beautiful! Great pic's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you updated! You've been a busy girl! The boys are so cute! Welcome back to VA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! They look very very cute. Best wishes for the next weeks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm crying then laughing, then tearing up, then laughing! I'm so thrilled for all of you! Congratulations! I love how you can tell them apart by their size! Too cute! You look amazing and so happy! And love the last pic as well! So good to hear from you! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I was SO SUPER excited to see your post!!! I cannot believe the kiddos came home so fast! That's awesome :) You look amazing. I wish we lived closer I'd love to see them and hold them! They're adorable in the pictures - love how they're "eating" each other! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coming out of lurkdom to say CONGRATULATIONS! What a beautiful family! I am so happy that the boys are doing well - they are absolutely gorgeous. Wishing you all the best. :)

    ReplyDelete