Monday, June 28, 2010

A little unplanned fun...

I must admit that I like plans. I like organization. I like everything as it should be and for everything to happen when I want it to. This has gotten worse since having children.

Since the triplets have been born we of course cannot focus 100% of our attention solely on Vaughn. And she knows it. Unfortunately.

I've been feeling awfully guilty that I can't give her the summers she deserves.

A summer in the sun.

A summer playing at the park.

A summer of many, many beach visits.

A summer of walks.

A summer of waterpark visits.

A summer of lying in the grass and contemplating bugs.

She's been robbed of a summer that she desperately wants. She BEGS to go outside. She pleads to sit in the front yard.

It hurts us a lot that because we have 3 newborns the majority of her summer she is stuck inside.

Yesterday in between feeding babies and knowing I had about an hour that I wouldn't be stuck to the couch, I was going to make my grocery list. Then I had a thought...

I grabbed some water balloons, filled them up, and told Vaughn to come outside. I pelted her with the balloons, and she squeeled with delight! "Again!" We had our hose running into our pool filling it up, so instead I grabbed that and started spraying her. In her clothes and all! Unplanned, unrehearsed, FUN!

She loved it! I sprayed her, she sprayed me. I let her run into her unfilled kiddie pool and fall down and get dirty..... in her clothes. *gasp!*

We had a fun 20 minutes or so of fun!

I need to learn to brer more spontaneous. For my children. I want them to live freely without strict schedules and planning.

I'm trying.

Who needs a waterpark? Vaughn doesn't know the difference!












3 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! And regarding the loosing out on this summer - Vaughn is going to have three little (additional) brothers, for many summers to come and all her life! Best wishes to you, it sounds like you are doing an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right.. It's ALL about the little moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you guys all doing? Hope really well! Take care! x's and o's to those kiddos! :)

    ReplyDelete