Thursday, February 18, 2010

Officially on "Modified Bedrest"

Had my doctors appointment today. My nearly 25 week appointment (2 days shy).

Found out after I failed my 1 hour glucose test by 1 point. Boo. Could it have been the 2 cups of OJ I had before leaving the house? Perhaps. I'll never learn. When I had it with Vaughn I drank a redbull before the test and failed it. I will pass my 3 hour I am confident though, which is Monday morning. Early. Blah.

I also have to start taking Iron Supplements now, my "hemogloben levels are low", after 3 minutes of her explaining I realized she meant my iron is low. Why didn't you just say that, lady? Iron pills and constipation, here I come!

Can you say Percocet? Woohoo! Not really too much whoohooing. It's just for when my other headache pills aren't cutting it. So only a couple times a week or so. I don't want to deliver crack babies addicted to Percocet.

I have to get a pregnancy girdle type of thing. They said it'll help with my backpain. I think it's just my giant boobs, and unless it comes with a mega sports bra, I have my doubts. The pain isn't in my lower back, but in my upper back, between my shoulderblades. Oh well, I'll give it a whirl.

1 pound. I've gained 1 pound in 3 weeks. They don't seem concerned because the babies are all doing so well. I'm now up 21 pounds approximately. I thought I'd be up MUCH more by now. I'm trying. It's hard when your stomach is squished up.

And finally, the doctor asked "and you're on bedrest?" Um, no. "Oh, well you are now!" Not for any particular reason. Modified bedrest that is. And all of my limitations are what I'm doing anyways, so really no difference: No heavy lifting, no exercise, no housework, no vacuuming, no laundry, sit on my butt as much as possible, or in bed, etc. But I can still leave the house and all that. Hooray!

Everthing else looked great! Next appointment in 2 weeks, which also includes a level 2 ultrasound, which will take 2 hours. Then after that, weekly appointments!! Yay! I'm actually excited to get them everyweek, it will ease my nerves.

1 comment:

  1. Hi April! I wouldn't worry too much about your glucose test. And yes the OJ probably had something to do with it..:) Sorry about your headaches too. How are you doing with gathering what you need? You really don't need as much as you think for quite a while. I went a little overboard and had no clue. So less is more, you can always wash things or go buy as you need. Email me if you need to chat the days away inbetween snuggles!

    ReplyDelete