Friday, April 9, 2010

The doctor is putting me out of my misery!

I have been MISERABLE this week. Frequent nausea, a very bad gag reflex, which leads most times to me puking, hip pain, and lack of sleep, and terrible sleep. I have lost two pounds in 4 days from lack of appetite, and then puking 3 days in a row from gagging from taking pills, and once from a bug flying into my mouth, lol.

Well, I had my doctors appointment today. And they are used to me saying I feel GREAT. So they were all kind of shocked when I said MISERABLE. The appointment went well, babies are all doing what they're supposed to, and are looking great. I met with a doctor I had never before and I brought up the fact that a different doctor their had said that if I reach 34-35 weeks and am miserable than we could do an amnio on the largest baby, and if the lungs look good, then we could deliver early. I never thought I'd feel miserable. And I really wanted to wait it out because 1) for the babies sake, every day longer in there is better for them, and 2) we will have to pay for Doug to come home early.

So we discussed it, and she said triplets are really full term between 34-36 weeks, based on how the babies are doing, and how the mother is doing mentally and physically. She said she did not want me to have 4 more weeks of feeling like I do now, and I agree whole heartedly! So, looks like 2 weeks from today (April 23rd) we'll do an amnio, and later they'll call me, and if everything looks good, then we'll plan on delivering 2-3 days later... just to give Doug a couple of days to get here in time for the delivery!! So it is looking like April 25th, or April 26th, the babies will be here!! Me and the babies will spend at least 4 days in the hospital. Recovering from a C-Section from triplets, is a LOT harder than from 1 baby from what the doctors are telling me. The babies may be able to leave when I leave.

The doctor said the worries that they have for the babies at that gestation isn't "physical", but normally they don't have enough fat to regulate their body temperatures, and eating. They aren't coordinated enough yet, to get the suck, swallow, breath thing down.

REALLY the babies will be almost 35 weeks when their born. Because their gestation is based on my last menstrual period, but based on my conception date, they're actually 4 days farther along. Because of the WAY we conceived we KNOW the day we conceived. And my doctor(s) are aware of this as well, and that is why the babies have always measured a little bit ahead, because, well, they ARE a little ahead. But they won't change my due date, because it's less than a weeks difference.

So looks like April babies it is!! I can't believe only 2 1/2 more weeks. Now, if I start to feel better. I'll tell them forget it, let them cook another 2 weeks. But my doctors really believe I'm only going to feel worse and worse. Yay.

I can't believe only just over 2 more weeks. I do NOT feel ready! But I don't think I ever will!

9 comments:

  1. O April I am so happy that you won't have to be miserable for too much longer! I'm sorry you're in so much pain! :( I wish I was closer so I could help! Just think! So soon you are going to get to meet those sweet little faces!! I'm so happy for you and Doug and Vaughn! You're almost there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that things have taken a turn for you. It is nice to know that you'll have those little ones in a few weeks and that Doug will be home really soon! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It's hard to believe that in two weeks you will have triplets! I hope everything turns out well and you can feel a little bit better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous...That you got a date! I sooo wished they would've given me one, then maybe I could've held out (emotionally/mentally)! That is so exciting! 35 wks is fantastic! And hopefully they will have the sucking/breathing down quickly! And I'll be praying that hubby gets home in time and that you will feel better as you wait it out! So proud of you! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that you are so miserable. I'm not sure if I should say that I hope you start feeling better so the babies can cook a little longer or if I should say yay for babies in 2 weeks. Either way, I know everything will work out the way it is meant to be! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant believe 2 more weeks! It came so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how exciting my sisters birthday is april 25th so it will be easy for me to remember their birthday ;o) wishing you the best the next few weeks and I hope you can catch up on some rest...WOW you get to see your hubby soon too he must be over the moon with excitement to see his wife daughter and soon to be triplet sons!!! how awesome I am so happy for all of you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. April, I don't know what your delivery was like with Vaughn, but I labored for more than 30 hours with Amelia and then had a C-section. My recovery with the boys was MUCH faster and easier because my body hadn't gone through all that labor first. I was on my feet and ready to roll by the time I left the hospital after four days. Which was good since we took babies home with us!

    Hang in there!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone!!!

    Christy, I was induced with Vaughn, and the early labor (3 minutes apart contractions, but no dialation), was for 55 hours or so. Once I dialated and they broke my water it was 9 hours, and I pushed for only 3 minutes. And I did get an episiotomy. It was a SUPER easy recovery though. BUt I can't imagine doing 30 hours, THEN a C Section!! Eek! I am happy this time to just get a C Section, and not have to worry about potentially doing both!

    ReplyDelete