Friday, April 16, 2010

I knew the other shoe would drop...

Had my 33 week appointment today. I informed them that I have felt FANTASTIC since Saturday so that I did not want to deliver at 34 weeks, and would like to charge on until 36 weeks. Even though some would jump at the chance to deliver early, I am not one of them, I know every day is better for these babies, and although they would all probably be fine if born in 10 days, I'd rather them be WONDERFUL and continue cooking.

Anyhow. I figured everything would be FINE. As it always has been. But it appears my little runt, baby C's ambiotic fluid had gone WAY down since last week. Every week all 3 have had GREAT fluid. Above and beyond what they need. Well, apparently C still has adequate fluid. But they were concerned about how much of a difference there was between last weeks amount, and this weeks. When the tech came back with the doctor he said he was concerned, but not enough to deliver me today. Good. But he is concerned enough that now from here on out, I will be having two appointments a week instead of just one. So my next appointment is Tuesday.

I haven't had a growth scan in 3 weeks now. And my next one will be a week from today. And ever since my last I have kind of been predicting that they would deliver me at this next one. Baby C has just always been behind the other two, and that gap gets wider and wider every time. And I just have this gut instinct that next Friday they are going to say that the gap is wider than they feel comfortable with and want to deliver me. But now my new prediction...... hehehe. (A girl is entitled to change her mind, frequently, right?) is that they are going to want to deliver me on Tuesday, OR Friday, due to this fluid issue.

We'll see. I hope they stay in there. I hope he doesn't lose anymore fluid. I hope he's a fat chunker and keeps growing. But.... I just have this feeling.

My daughter Vaughn is at my dad's house for this weekend until Sunday sometime. So I am officially making this "get ready for babies weekend." I'm organizing the things that remain to be organized, putting in the carseats, and packing my hospital bag. I went to Target today and rode around my little cart and picked up my travel sizes of toiletries I'll need for the hospital, and a few other things I'll need for right after (AKA Gigantor pads), etc.

In happier news. The tech switched the u/s to 3d for me. And A & C are on bottom, and they are curled up in a ball. But B's in the penthouse and he had just a perfect profile shot. And seriously, he looked JUST like my husbands baby photos! Full lips, mop of hair, round nose, and little bags under his eyes. TOO cute! It's so hard to tell with those 3D shots though. But guess we'll find out soon enough! My Mom doesn't have a scanner, so my Dad is going to scan that pic for me, so I'll post it whenever he emails it to me!

If these babies DO make it, to 36 weeks full term, than 3 weeks from today and I'll be delivering!!! I am going to tell them I want to deliver on May 7th. That gives my husband adequate time after he gets here to recoup from his jetlag. But not TOO much time, because we have limited vacation, and don't want to sit around doing nothing. 3 weeks feels pretty far away right now! But I know it'll be here quicker than I realize!

5 comments:

  1. I hope you can hold out until 36 weeks. If you end up going early would your husband be able to make it back in time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, if it's scheduled, yes. But if its an emergency, like if I go in Tuesday and they decide I need to deliver that day, he'd be there a couple of days late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your BBBs! i have 2 year old BBBs and maybe i'm biased, but i love having all boys. (lucky you for having a girl already. :D)

    great job on making it to 33 weeks. i delivered at 33w2d due to pre-e, and my boys all sailed through the NICU and were home in less than 2 weeks. so you're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing so great! Need an update from you again!:) Glad you found Nicole's blog as well. Did you read her post re: Epiphany? Food for thought! And thanks for your sweet comments! We're very excited! I think I've put it out there before if you need to email me you can at bkmomang@aol.com I'm praying for you and these babies, your hubby and Vaughn! You take care of yourself! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow for your c-section!! I can't wait to see photos of those little kiddos!!! Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete