Saturday, April 10, 2010

Finally!!!

I had a nice lunch / playdate at the mall with a childhood friend of mine & her sister & our 3 kids today. Afterwards while we were saying goodbye outside I proudly lifted up my shirt to show them my ever expanding belly in all it's glory. Haha. Then put it back down.

Well, a few ladies walking out of the mall came over to me "Excuse me, can we ask you something? Are you having twins?" hahaha. I have NEVER been asked that yet! More recently I get things like "Oh, any day now, huh?", or "You must be close to your due date." In which I respond "I have two months until my due date.", or "well, it would be any day, except I'm carrying triplets, so I have 2-4 more weeks."

Of course I told these ladies "no, it's triplets!" And they had a few questions, which I hurredly and politely answered because I was trying to say my farewells to my friend. Nothing too nosy, just what the sexes were, and was "this one" (Vaughn) mine too. Then of course "Bless you, I'll be praying for you!" Which of course, I accept and appreciate all of the blessings I can get.

Sounds silly, but I like that I look pregnant with multiples now :)

On a less happy note. I have been lucky so far to only get about 5 stretch marks on my the backs of my hips. And really, they're pretty small, only an inch or so, or smaller. And I have one above, and one below my belly button. But, I am EVER vigilant! And EVERY night I take out my 10x magnification mirror and look for changes in my stomach. Well, I grew some stretch marks overnight it would seem. *Sigh* I feel lucky to have made it this far. I am not delusional. Really HOW many people carry triplets and get NO, or LITTLE to NO stretch marks on their stomaches? If I had delivered a few days ago, that would be me. But I found not 1 on my lower stomach tonight, but like 7. Ahhh. And they're all already over an inch long. And they were NOT their yesterday. Was it the mall? Perhaps I need to stay indoors!! :) I'm okay with it, really I am though. I have said from the beginning I don't care, these babies are worth it. I'm not going to LIE and pretend I would love NONE. But, I'm okay if my stomach was COVERED as well. Vanity of the body kind of takes a backseat when pregnant with triplets! :)

2 comments:

  1. Badges of Honour my friend...Badges of Honour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several weeks ago my doc and I were talking about this very thing and he said "well, if you think you won't get stretch marks you would be the only triplet mom in the history of the world NOT to get them!" It was kind of discouraging but I'm like you and I check every second to see if I have any and sure enough they've started. I'm not too proud to say this and I really do hate them - even though they don't look SO bad right now. Since like 11 weeks I've slathered every cream and lotion on 2-10 times a day...some days I go a little nuts! Ha. Plus I drink tons of water to stay hydrated. Really, there's just nothing you can do and when you feel like you've done all you can, there's nothing left to do. You look beautiful and amazing. I read you gained like 30 lbs - crazy! I'm 26 weeks and already 45 lbs!! Oh boy! lol.

    ReplyDelete