Tuesday, March 16, 2010

28 1/2 weeks along

Went to Babys R US today with my two 20% off of one item coupons and bought my last carseat and one of my portable swings. Whoohoo. Two of my big items off of my list! Saved $35! Now I have two MORE 20% off coupons to go back with and use, gotta get one more swing. I don't think there's any other "big" items left besides my stroller after that, which I'll be ordering online. And I decided between my two diaper bags I received so I have to return the other one I don't need.

I still haven't decided what kind of bottle to use? Recommendations? I used a natural nurser for Vaughn and they were SO expensive, like over $10 a bottle, so I'd rather not with these boys. But that was only because she was exclusively BF for so long, and took a bottle only about once a week until 8 weeks, that she was super picky and that was the only bottle she'd take. These guys will get BF and bottle fed right away, so I want to get something less costly. But I don't want dropins. I'd rather something that is easier to clean, as I am thinking I'll need somewhere around 18 bottles or so a day....

Here's a photo of me from today before shopping. I wonder if the people at BRU thought I was going to go into labor, the way I kept stopping and hunching over, catching my breathe, or sitting down! haha! Motorized scooter here I come - next shopping trip! LOL!

6 comments:

  1. You're so beautiful, girl! Love how you're looking more rectangular. have you noticed? I was always very rectangular look'n with our trips. Does that make any sense?

    I used Dr Brown's bottles. Suppose to help with reflux, colic, and such. Not sure if it did. We bought too many of the small bottles. Like 24! And then they were so quickly needing 6oz and more that we should've bought half and half. They were more expensive. A friend of mine used only 9 bottles as she just washed them as she went. She bottle fed only too! That might be easier than trying to make 24 bottles, and heat up cold bottles everytime. I loved it when mine were older and i started making fresh bottles with warmed up filter water. It was faster. It also took up way less room on counters, sink and fridge. Food for thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April April...You made my day...I am so flattered that you read all of my posts. i did the same thing when I was PG..wow looks like things are going so well for you. Sounds like you are a deal shopper too..good for you. get your form letter ready so that you can send out your "free request' letters when the babies are born. I am so happy for you and it totally takes me back a year and a half to where you are now. you will do great and there will be hard days but all in all it is a crazy miracle that we were picked to have multiples. I am so serious that if you have any quesitons I am always open to chat via phone or whatever...So happy for you...

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dr. Browns Bottles is what I use....I love them...I have a ton of them that I am not using. I am willing to give them to you..would you like them??? I can mail them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, Thanks! I feel like my belly looks rectangular, yes :)

    Thanks for the DR. Brown's reviews. A lot of my friends use and like them!

    Heather, thanks! I may take you up on chatting, sometime! And I would LOVE your bottles, let me know if I can pay you at all, at the least let me pay for shipping! Can't wait to read more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheesecake?! I had babies by cheesecake!:)

    You are welcome to email me as well if you need to chat at bkmomang@aol.com.

    On my profile is a link to a triplet mom who's demand feeding and AP style if you want a different perspective. She's amazing! Don't know how she's done it! Under my profile and the blogs I follow she's
    One Day At A Time Nicole....
    Angela

    ReplyDelete